Friday, November 12, 2010

Remembering Shelby - Best Fur-iend Forever

Shelby is one of my childhood pets who spent 14 wonderful years being pampered by my parents. The last time I visited my parents I took some photos of Shelby for my mother as I knew Shelby was getting up there in age and her health had started to decline. Shelby loved being photographed but had no interest in moving from her favorite spot on their back door stoop.  Still, I felt like I had captured some nice portraits of her to share.  Little did I know, that was the last time I would see her as she passed away just a few weeks later. I hope these images provide some comfort for my parents as they grieve the loss of a truly wonderful pet. I miss you Shelby, you will always be my best fur-iend forever.




I really wanted to try to capture all the endearing facial expressions she makes.  Here's a small sample of some of them:




If you have an elderly pet or a pet in declining health, please contact me about my "Best Fur-iend Forever" sessions.  These sessions are greatly reduced in price and can be done with very little advance notice because I believe everyone should have lasting mementos of their pets while we still have them in our lives.

2 comments:

Courtney November 12, 2010 at 1:49 PM  

Holly, this is a beautiful post with beautiful photos. I especially love the second one because it looks like she's waiting on someone to come snuggle with her. Lots of hugs to you from me (and lots of Abby kisses, too).

Misty November 16, 2010 at 5:49 AM  

Great pics of my girl Shelba. Miss you :(

Post a Comment

Followers

Pet-ography: n. Photography for Pets! Holly is a Pet Photographer serving Orlando, Lake Mary, Winter Park, Sanford, Casselberry, Altamonte Springs, Winter Springs, Apopka, Avalon Park, Heathrow, Kissimmee, Longwood, and surrounding areas. If you are interested in Pet Photography, please contact us!